What is a provocation?
Provocations can come from the teachers, children or external sources such as the community. It is something that sparks questions, interest, ideas, theories, discussion, debate and engages the children's thinking.
Provocations could be:
- A concept i.e. change
- A problem i.e. children touching chrysalises and damaging them
- An object i.e. a map
- Nature e.g. children's fascination with sticks
- A question from the teacher
- Questions from the children
- Song lyrics
- An event
- A book
- An interest that a child or group of children have
- A requirement i.e. the school show